Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Org Challenge: Home Office

Back in September I posted about my office and the awful state it was in.  Since then, I've done a lot of work around the house.  Absolutely none of it was in my office.  If anything, my office has gotten worse.



WOW!

I'm not sure there are words to describe how out of control this room has gotten.  I've completely stopped using the space for anything beyond storage/dumping grounds.  I had the handy excuse of Christmas which I leveraged fully through December, but Christmas is over!  It is time to reclaim this space!

As if reading my mind, Org Junkie posted a 29 Day Organizational Challenge starting today.  I'm thrilled!  The challenge is to reclaim a room in 29 days and blog about it sharing the process as you go.  She mentioned that you don't have to share your before photos, but I couldn't hide them.  So here they are.  No judgement, right?  29 days and I promise this will be a different room.

My first task in this room will be to take inventory of what all has collected in the room and decide what really BELONGS in the room.  See you in a few days!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck in the Challenge cant wait to see the end results

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to have the room back in good condition. Also, I just found out we are having a house guest and my office is the room that serves double duty. I'll definitely be done by the end of the month!

      Delete
  2. What do you ant to use the room for? The you'll know better what needs to stay, I think. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When our family grew by one last year, I happily gave up my office. Not so happily its contents were scattered throughout the house where ever they would fit. This room, our guest room at the time, got the brunt of the stuff deposited in it and labeled my office. So the room needs to still be a functional guest room as well as a place where I can work on projects sequestered away from tiny fingers.

      Delete